Make a Family Photo Tree Centerpiece
This family tree is a picture-perfect baby shower decoration.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Floral expert Dia Collins shows how to create unique and inexpensive decorations for a baby shower. The main thing you need is a little creativity.
Materials and Tools:
tree branches from your yard
small photos of the parents as babies and/or photos of the parents*
bowl or vase
* Note: Get these by asking their parents or siblings ahead of time.
1. Place craft foam inside the centerpiece container.
2. Insert branches into the foam.
3. Attach photos to craft foam with tape.
4. Attach photos to the tree with ribbon.
Materials and Tools:
kitchen sponges cut into fun shapes and letters or store-bought ones (inexpensive and available at most craft stores)
water-based craft paint
cleaned-out steel can with label peeled off
flowers of choice or in season
1. Paint each pot the color of your choice, or coordinate with the gender of the child if known.
2. Place the can inside the pot, then add the floral frog.
3. Place the flowers inside the frog, then line rolled-up pieces of aluminum foil around the edge to hold the decorations up in the pot.
4. Hide all of that with moss.
5. Cut out kitchen sponges in various shapes and letters, or buy inexpensive alphabet foam letters at a craft store.
6. Dip the letters and shapes in paint, and press them onto each pot. If you don't know the name of the baby, include a package of the whole alphabet and paint so mom can do it later.
7. Touch up any smudges or holes from the sponge with a small paintbrush.
8. Use as a centerpiece or to sporadically decorate around the house. Once the party's over, have each guest take one home, or give them all to the expecting mom.
- Place a plush toy inside a floral arrangement that you've created. Just place aluminum foil over a piece of floral foam to protect it from the getting wet.
- Make miniature floral arrangements with just a few flowers and miniature vases; scatter them around the house as decorations.
- Decorate party napkins with a few fresh flowers, ribbon and toys. Many florists will discount flowers when the blooms are already open.
In just a few steps, you can turn bare branches into a bewitching Halloween centerpiece.
Create a one-of-a-kind, organic centerpiece for an indoor or outdoor dining table using a thick branch and a variety of...
Kids will love helping to make this large sailing ship centerpiece, which is reminiscent of the vessels that brought colonists...