Artistic Girls' Playroom
See how one "yucky" basement is transformed into a girly playroom fit for three young sisters. Plus, get instructions on how to make felt puppets.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
arts-and-crafts notions such as pom-poms, glitter, pipe cleaners, etc
1. Cut out several simple hand puppet forms from your kids’s favorite pieces of felt.
2. Trace a line a half-inch from the edge of the fabric that follows the edge of the fabric.
3. Have the kids put a face on their puppet. Use a marker to draw a face or glue on features such as googly eyes and a yarn smile.
4. Let the kids add arms, hands and clothing. Then dress up the puppet with crafty notions such as yarn, lace and anything else the kids want to glue on or draw.
5. Have the kids stay within the line of the puppet.
6. Let the glue on the puppet dry for about an hour.
7. Find the matching piece of felt that will be the backside of the puppet.
8. Sew the blank felt on top of your decorated puppet, using a 1/2-inch seam setting on the sewing machine.
9. Once it’s sewn, turn the puppet right side out and have the kids put on a puppet show!