Designer Linda Applewhite created a classic bedroom using a soft color palette of gold and apricot.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Transforming the Makeover Room
A large uncoordinated master bedroom with deep red walls is transformed under the guidance of designer Linda Applewhite into a relaxing haven with classic good looks by taking the following steps:
- Painted the dark red walls a fresh, sunny straw tone (Benjamin Moore: Straw #2154-50).
- Hung buttery twill panels over simple white sheers at the window.
- Replaced the dark iron four-poster bed with a medium wood-toned panel headboard with intricate European-looking scrollwork.
- Used a sisal rug on each side of the bed to soften the hardwood flooring.
- Covered the bed with a soft yellow mattelasse and matching pillow shams.
A plain master bedroom gets a whole new layout design in a cute country style.(2 photos)
For less than $50, this master bedroom goes from boring to classic with a timeless design.(4 photos)