Add Springtime Flair to a Small Apartment
Designers Jules Moore and Brian Toffoli work with Susie Coelho to breathe fresh air and add spring-time flair to Johnson's kitchen and bedroom.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- Incorporate texture using items like rattan and bamboo baskets to add a tropical and warm feeling to a room. Natural elements have a lightening effect so consider using bundles of bamboo as curtain rods. Small rattan boxes can be used to hold anything from socks to scarves to CDs.
- Use trendy colors for accessories. They add interest and are less expensive to change than the larger items in a room.
- Try rearranging furniture and accessories for the easiest, no-cost way to freshen a room. Why not be unconventional and float a bed in the middle of the room?
- Add color and brightness to a window by pinning scarves in two different colors over a rod instead of curtains. These create an airy feeling since the light can come right through.
- In a bedroom, mix and match old and new floral and striped sheets for an entirely different look each time you make the bed. Be daring and use bold colors for a dramatic spring change.