A Two-Room Makeover
How do you combine country, Zen and minimalism? Design on a Dime shows you how in this Living Room/Dining Room makeover.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Accessories and Lighting - $315
- A runner in the entry gives the cream carpet more color.
- Three tropical-influenced art prints are framed with copper-colored metal frames. Burbridge has the prints mounted on foam core before framing to give them more stability.
- Lamp bases are given a copper look with spray paint. Balter sprays on one even coat of pewter paint to take down the silvery shine, they sprays on a copper color sparingly to give the finish an antiqued look. (lampshades: Target - 074080321, 074000819)
- A round mirror is set on the dining table with candles for a reflective centerpiece. (candles, round table mirror: Marshalls)
- The bar area is given design attention with framed wine labels and bartending accessories.
- Two new mirrors over the TV reflect the light coming in the large window opposite them. (mirrors: IKEA - Kolja, 18717)
Fabric - $168
- A copper-toned fabric is used to make sofa pillows and seat covers for the dining chairs. She also adds a band of the fabric to the bottom of chocolate-colored window panels to tie the entire look together.
Project Total - $995