A British Colonial Guest Room
Cathy Still Johnson, homes editor for Coastal Living magazine, shares some easy ways to turn a spare bedroom and bathroom into a haven for guests.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Cathy Still Johnson, homes editor for Coastal Living magazine, shares how to make a guest bedroom and bathroom an inviting respite with a breezy British Colonial look.
- Mimic the color of the sea with a coat of greenish-blue paint on the walls.
- Set fresh flowers on a bedside table for a pop of color. Or use a simple palm leaf for a more dramatic effect.
- Use dark-stained furniture and natural textural elements like woven baskets to bring in the tropical style.
- Add a mosquito net over the bed for a soft romantic look.
- Layer the bed with white linens and make a throw out of tropical-inspired fabric to add a touch color.
- Set out candles with a fragrance that evokes the ocean.
Room decor may not be Topic A around campus, but it is the first thing people notice when they drop by.