7 Tips for Creating Room Dividers
To create room dividers, anything from drapes to a bookcase can do the job.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Beyond simply dividing rooms, room dividers can provide a new look to a space by adding texture or serving as pieces of art. Besides serving multiple functions, they can consist of many things. Here are some ideas for creating your own dividers:
1. Decorate a plain screen with family photos and memorabilia, or paint the screen to match the decor of your room.
2. Make a screen by attaching two sets of louvered folding closet doors with hinges.
3. Something as simple as a tall bookcase can be a room divider. Choose a bookcase with an open back and fill it with interesting items.
4. Make a quick room divider with ribbons. Attach ribbons to drapery or shower-curtain rings and hang from a curtain rod. Drill hooks into a ceiling and hang the rod from these or from a doorway.
5. Hang sheer fabric or drapes from a doorway or ceiling for a divider that allows in light.
6. Create the illusion of added space by hanging vintage mirrors on a screen.
7. Use a fireplace screen as a miniature divider.