$100 Half-Day Designs: Wallpapered Backsplash
Freshen up the kitchen with a creative backsplash made from patterned wallpaper.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
1. Begin by clearing off all small appliances, removing electrical outlet plates and cleaning the wall to get rid of any grease or grime.
2. Measure out the backsplash. Be sure to over measure so that when the wallpaper is applied, the edges can be trimmed for a perfect fit.
3. Lay wallpaper design-side down on a flat surface and apply an even coat of wallpaper paste.
4. After the paste is on, bookend the wallpaper (fold it over back-to-back) and let it sit for five minutes. This allows the paste to get tacky so it'll stick to the wall easier.
5. Place the wallpaper on the wall, using a squeegee. Start from the center and pull outwards, so any excess glue can come out and there will be no lumps.
6. After the wallpaper is up, trim the excess for a perfect fit.
7. Finally, waterproof the wallpaper by applying a varnish to protect it from grease and grime.
Customize your kitchen and help the environment with this beautiful backsplash made of recycled aluminum.