$100 Half-Day Designs: Industrial Chic Kitchen Makeover
Transform your kitchen with updated cabinets and a magnetic and chalkboard backsplash.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
brushed nickel cabinet knobs
1. Remove the hardware from the cabinets. Measure the cabinets and record measurements on a piece of paper. Cut the contact paper down the measurements, using an L-square and utility knife to ensure you get a clean, straight cut.
2. When the cutting is finished, slowly start peeling off the back of the paper and apply it to the cabinets, beginning in the upper corners. Work your way down, peeling off the rest of the backing as you go. To make this process easier, use a credit card as you go to work any bubbles. After the contact paper is in place, go over it with a sock to smooth everything out. Repeat on each cabinet.
3. For the backsplash, tape off any exposed surfaces you don’t want to get paint on. For this project, they used two different coats of paint. The first is a magnetic paint, which should be applied with a four-inch roller. Cut in around the edges with a brush. After the magnetic paint is dry, apply the chalkboard paint with a roller and brush.
4. To update the cabinets, attach new cabinet knobs with the included hardware and the screwdriver.
5. After the paint is dry, write on the board with chalk and apply magnets of your choosing.
Transform the look of your bathroom with a crackle finish on the vanity and easy-to-apply tiles.
Elegant window treatments, a newly painted chandelier and simple slipcovers transform the look of this colonial dining room.
Enhance walls with floating shelves to display favorite decorative accessories and artwork.