Light Fixtures 101
Nothing affects both the mood and the function of a room quite like lighting does, so consider these 6 tips when deciding what fixtures to buy.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- Bedroom lighting should be applied in layers, since it's a multifunctional room. Task lighting for reading and dressing are extremely important.
- A pendant lamp in a reading area is an interesting alternative to the more common table lamp.
- Recessed lighting tends to have a more contemporary look. Alternatives include lamps, art lighting and sconces.
- Wall sconces provide soothing indirect light and provide dramatic effects on walls. A sconce can be used as a point of interest on a wall or provide light in the upper reaches of a room where the lighting is dim.
- A rich, beautiful chandelier is a good way to add importance to a space. It provides excellent down light and ambient lighting.
- The most important function of lighting in the bath is to provide shadow-free light for ease in personal grooming. This is best done with side lights around the mirror rather than down lights, which produce pronounced shadows.