"Grow" an Anemone Tree
This colorful, airy spiral bouquet makes a lovely centerpiece on a circular hall or dining room table, or on a mantelpiece or chest of drawers.
- Excerpted from Fresh Flower Arranging
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
With their richly colored papery petals, anemones almost look as though they are made out of tissue paper, which helps to give a light, delicate edge to this strong design. The anemones will last for five days if you keep the foam moist.
Flowers and Foliage
50 mixed anemones
opaque flared vase (6 inches high)
1 block floral foam
Mixed spray roses
How to Arrange
1. Sort the different-colored anemones into separate piles. Hold an anemone in one hand at the binding point and add one of each color to it, turning the bunch around slightly in the same direction as you work. Arrange the last flowers at a lower angle around the edges to create a domed effect.
2. Use a length of ribbon that complements the colors of the flowers to tie the arrangement securely. Cut the stems the same length to give an even base.
3. Pack a piece of cellophane or a similar material into the base of the vase to give the anemone stems added height. Place the arrangement in the center of the vase and insert squares of soaked floral foam around the edges of the vase to wedge the stems in place and keep them upright. The top of the foam should sit 1 inch below the rim of the vase. Top the vase up with water and hide the foam with a layer of moss.
- If moss is difficult to find, cover the pieces of floral foam with mixed, colored gravel or shiny black pebbles.
- The anemones will open up and grow a little over time. Although this may make the arrangement a little uneven, it will also add interest and movement to the design.
Excerpted from Fresh Flower Arranging
© Dorling Kindersley Limited 2011
For many of us, a natural tree trimmed with decorations is what Christmas is all about. Caring for a cut tree properly will...
Looking for a unique way to display your art collection? We asked 3 top designers to share tips to help you create a...(9 photos)
Learn how to recreate a regional look inspired by eight influential styles seen in cities across the United States.(16 photos)