30 Mini Makeovers in 30 Minutes or Less
HGTV Magazine shares clever little ways to spruce things up superfast.
- Courtesy of HGTV Magazine Subscribe Now
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
21. Make doing dishes a little more fun by splurging on a cool-looking drying rack (Arena self-draining dish rack, $45, josephjoseph.com).
22. DIY some pretty votive candleholders. Coat the outside of jelly jars with food coloring mixed with gloss Mod Podge and a little water.
23. Revamp a basic dresser so it looks like vintage campaign furniture. Screw flat brass corner braces (available at hardware stores) outside the corners of each drawer, then replace the center hardware with flat brass pulls (try vintagehardware.com).
24. Paint just the inside of your front door a sunny color. It’ll boost your mood every time you head outside.
25. Disguise a no-frills box spring by slipping a pretty fitted sheet over it. Much cheaper than a special box spring cover.
26. Glue magnets to the back of patterned clothespins like these from Fancy Pants Designs ($4 for a set of 8, getfancystudio.com). Stick them to your fridge to hold kids’ art or your grocery list.
27. Fit a piece of corkboard inside a frame and tack art to it. When you want to switch it up, just pin on something new.
28. Spruce up standard white tiles with specialty decals in pretty patterns (from $18 for a set of 6, 2jane.com).
29. Ditch your plastic toothbrush holder for a vintage juice glass with a cute design. Most are small enough to fit on the side of your sink.
30. Time for one last update? Remove the hands from a white clock, then paint them with spray enamel (available at crafts stores) or nail polish.
HGTV Magazine shows you how to put your stamp on basic items with these crazy-easy makeover ideas.
The experts at HGTV.com share ancient feng shui tips to help you design your home to attract more money and love.(19 photos)
The bedroom design experts at HGTV Magazine share layered bedding ideas with a variety of colorful sheet sets, pillows and...(38 photos)