30 Mini Makeovers in 30 Minutes or Less
HGTV Magazine shares clever little ways to spruce things up superfast.
- Courtesy of HGTV Magazine Subscribe Now
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
11. Spray-paint plastic fruit with flat white paint to make mini pieces of art.
12. Give potted plants a lusher look by covering the soil with preserved moss (available at crafts stores).
13. Doodle on the glass of framed photos—think mustaches on faces—with a grease pencil. Find them at crafts and art supply stores. It’ll wipe right off with a paper towel.
14. Spray-paint just the hardware on a piece of wood furniture with an eye-catching color to update it.
15. Perk up an old bed frame by slipcovering the headboard. Ballarddesigns.com has great options, or have an upholsterer make one for you.
16. Change out a plain white pendant lamp cord for a colorful one ($25, colorcord.com). purple is so unexpected
17. Cover walls with maps—use vintage ones as wallpaper (apply with wallpaper paste) or try a giant decal (Jumbo World Map mural, $199, potterybarnkids.com).
18. Use a clip-on lamp, like this gold one ($59, landofnod.com), to brighten up a bookcase. Attach it to the top shelf and angle it to shine down. an easy way to highlight shelves
19. Get creative with tape that looks like an ornate frame (Copernicus curator tape, $10, urbanoutfitters.com). Put a print or photo on your wall, then use the tape around it. tape that looks like a fancy frame
20. Add interest to a bookcase by attaching a wide piece of ribbon along the front edge of each shelf using picture hanging strips, which won’t damage your furniture.
HGTV Magazine shows you how to put your stamp on basic items with these crazy-easy makeover ideas.
The experts at HGTV.com share ancient feng shui tips to help you design your home to attract more money and love.(19 photos)
The bedroom design experts at HGTV Magazine share layered bedding ideas with a variety of colorful sheet sets, pillows and...(38 photos)