30 Mini Makeovers in 30 Minutes or Less
HGTV Magazine shares clever little ways to spruce things up superfast.
- Courtesy of HGTV Magazine Subscribe Now
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1. Trade in the inserts your throw pillows came with for down-filled ones that are an inch or two bigger—they’ll make them look extra plump.
2. Replace the jumble of pens on your desk with a matching set in a graphic cup, like this chevron one ($18, seejanework.com).
3. Spray-paint the inside of your mailbox a happy color. Be prepared to smile—even if you’re picking up bills!
4. Wrap a plain drum shade with three colors of yarn. Leave about three inches uncovered at the top for the white “stripe.” Hot-glue the yarn to the shade as you go.
5. Turn leftover ceramic or glass tiles into coasters by hot-gluing cork to the back of each one.
6. Cheer up a plain throw pillow. Attach a large pom-pom to each corner with a needle and thread or fabric glue. Look for pom-poms at etsy.com/shop/stephlovesben ($7 for a set of 4). Pom-poms make a pillow pop!
7. Paint wood crates, then screw colorful casters ($12 each, coolcasters.com) to the bottom corners to make movable storage bins.
8. Put your favorite candlestick on permanent display by turning it into a lamp base with a lamp kit (available at hardware stores).
9. Instead of letting flowers spill over the top of a vase, display them in a tall glass cylinder with the blooms not quite reaching the top.
10. Stitch together place mats you love to create a one-of-a-kind table runner.
HGTV Magazine shows you how to put your stamp on basic items with these crazy-easy makeover ideas.
The experts at HGTV.com share ancient feng shui tips to help you design your home to attract more money and love.(19 photos)
The bedroom design experts at HGTV Magazine share layered bedding ideas with a variety of colorful sheet sets, pillows and...(38 photos)