Wrist Band Purse
Ruth Ciemnoczolowski sews a cute little wrist bag from a pair of jeans.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
plastic for lining
metal split ring
paper pattern for wrist strap
paper pattern for pocket
snap setting tool
water-soluble marking pen
1. Create a paper pattern to fit your wrist measurement and extend halfway up your forearm, shaped as pictured. Pin the paper pattern for the wrist strap to the leg part of the jeans and cut out a single layer.
2. Pin the pocket pattern over the pocket on the jeans and cut it out. Mark the darts using a water-soluble marking pen.
3. Cut out the lining for the wrist bag in two pieces, a rectangle the width of the wrist strap and a narrow rectangle for the piece that extends above the zipper.
6. Place the pocket on the right side of the wrist strap, turn under the edges and stitch it to the right side of the wrist strap, topstitching close to the edge.
7. Remove a belt loop from the jeans with a seam ripper. Stitch it to the right side of the wrist strap next to the pocket, catching a metal split ring between the loop and the wrist strap fabric.
8. Stitch the zipper to the two rectangular lining pieces following manufacturer's directions for zipper installation.
9. Open the zipper. With right sides together, stitch the lining to the wrist strap piece using a 1/4-inch seam allowance. Turn the wrist bag right side out through the zipper opening.
Follow these instructions by Kerry Liebner to make your own stylish and simple stockings to give as holiday gifts or to grace...