Photo Wreath Ornament Card
Create handmade cards for friends and family that can also be used as stylish ornaments.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
One of the great joys of the holiday season is opening your mailbox, peeking in, and pulling out a handful of greeting cards from family and friends. Displaying all the cards you receive is often the tricky part. This year make that decision easier for everyone on your holiday list by sending photo cards that not only let people know that you're thinking of them but can also be used as a crafty and stylish decoration.
Materials and Tools:
8-1/2" x 11" sheet of lime green cardstock
1/2 yard grosgrain red ribbon
1. Most card envelopes are 7-1/4" x 5-1/4", so the first step is to cut your lime green card stock down to this size. Next, sketch a wreath design onto green card stock and cut out the wreath's interior and exterior shape with scissors or X-acto knife. This will be your card's front.
2. Trace your wreath onto a second piece of green cardstock, cutting out only the exterior. This will be your card's back.
3. Apply sequins to the card's front with glue, alternating their placement to resemble an evergreen wreath with berries.
4. Using a protractor outline a circle, approximately 3-1/2" in diameter, around your photo and cut out. Position your image within the wreath's center and attach to the back with glue.
5. Create a loop out of red ribbon and glue or staple onto the card's back. Next, glue the front and back wreathes together, sandwiching the ribbon loop inside.
6. Tie the red ribbon in a small bow and attach to top of the card's front with glue. Finally, personalize your card with a special holiday message and the year to the card's back.