Woven Paper Album Cover
Create an elegant album cover with punched, woven paper strips.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Renee Sparks creates an album cover with an heirloom appearance—and it's all made from paper!
generic album of your choice
large sheet of specialty paper approximately 24" x 30"
border punch from Fiskars (here, Lace Border Punch)
cream scrapbook pages
14" x 14" ceiling tile
1/2 yd. double-sided iron-on interfacing
clean sheet of scrapbook paper or pressing cloth
double-sided tape or archival glue
wide ribbon (enough to go around outside edge of album)
- Remove pages from album and set aside.
- Place large sheet of specialty paper face down on work surface. Open album and place onto paper, ring-binder side up. Mark a two-inch border all around outside edges of album with pencil. Use scissors to cut paper on marked line.
- Remove album and set aside. In a well-ventilated area (preferably outside) spray back of cut specialty paper piece with an even coat of spray adhesive. Allow to dry one minute.
- Place sprayed paper adhesive-side up onto work surface. Place back of album onto adhesive and center. Flip album with adhered paper over and smooth securely with hands to remove any wrinkles or air bubbles. Flip album back over and smooth excess paper over edges of album and onto front and back of the inside of album, mitering corners. Trim paper as needed to fit around the metal ring-binder.
- Place a piece of the remaining specialty paper face up over the inside of the front of the album cover. Mark with pencil to within 1/8" of outside edge and against the edge of the ring binder. Use scissors to cut on marked line. Spray back of paper with adhesive and press down securely onto album. Repeat for the inside back of the album cover. Set covered album aside.
- Use paper trimmer to cut cream scrapbook papers and remaining specialty papers into 2-1/2" wide strips.
Using this cracked glass process you can learn how to make a paper bag scrapbook album.