How to Make an Embellished Ribbon Denim Jacket
Designer Mary O'Neil demonstrates how to embellish jackets, jeans and scarves with embossable velvet ribbon.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
Embossable Velvet Ribbon (see individual instructions)
Hot Potatoes rubber stamps
spray bottle with water
iron with steam holes just around the edges
sewing machine and thread
other materials as indicated in individual projects
Velvet-Trimmed Denim Jacket
2" wide Embossable Velvet Ribbon the length of the jacket cuffs and bottom
3" or 4" wide velvet the length of the jacket collar
Mod Blocks #T425 and Line Up #T426 Hot Potatoes stamps
1. Emboss all the lengths of ribbon according to the basic instructions for embossed velvet below.
2. Remove the wire from the ribbon.
3. Pin the ribbon to the desired areas of the jacket, such as the cuffs and bottom. Along the bottom edge, it might be easier to attach the trim in several pieces to compensate for buttons or tabs, etc.
4. Pin around the collar so that one edge of the ribbon meets the decorative edge of topstitching on the jacket. Let the other edge go to the inside of the jacket.
5. Sew all the trim on. Tip: Sew as soon after pinning as possible. The pins can leave permanent marks in the velvet.
Hang this ornament on a holiday tree, from a cabinet knob, a lampshade key and more. Follow these instructions by Helen Gibb to...
Make your own garland this holiday season. Follow these instructions by Mary O'Neil on how to make an embossed velvet...
Create handmade velvet ornaments for your holiday decorations. Follow these instructions by Mary O'Neil.