Washi Paper Doll Mobile
Make an Asian-inspired mobile using these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project designed and demonstrated by Emi Fukushima
Materials and Tools:
printed Washi paper
solid color paper to match Washi paper
black crepe paper
1. Cut black crepe paper like hair. Add glue and fold over the tip of the toothpick.
2. Cut printed Washi paper and the matching solid paper into 1-1/2" x 3" pieces.
3. Fold solid paper over 1/4 inch to form the collar.
4. Glue the printed Washi paper showing the 1/4-inch fold of solid paper for collar. Fold
bottom of Washi paper over solid paper 1/4 inch.
6. Cut another printed Washi paper piece 2" x 3" for the sleeve and obi (belt).
7. Fold in half and place over the body (front) of kimono and form sleeves and obi.
8. Cut another printed Washi paper piece 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" to form bow. Fold in half and form loops and glue to back of doll.
9. Attach to thread and hang on bamboo sticks to form mobile.
A viewer shares her idea of a shower curtain made from blue jeans and another viewer shows her traveling kit idea.