Tutu Canvas Frame
Makyla Iverson creates a special memory for a little girl with her tutu canvas frame.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
8" square canvas
black acrylic paint
matte finishing spray
staple gun with 1/2" staples
1" wide ribbon — approximately 4 feet
children's sized clothes hanger
2 yards of tulle
decorative paper clips
glue gun and hot-glue sticks
self-adhesive foam dots
dance quote stamp and black inkpad or computer quote with desired font
1. Paint canvas black using a foam brush. Let it dry and spray with finishing spray. Let dry.
2. Wrap ribbon around one edge of the front side of the canvas, lined up all the way to the edge for the waistband.
3. Placing the canvas so the waistband is at the bottom, place the hanger directly above the topside of the canvas. Staple the ribbon on the front of the canvas so that it can wrap over the hanger, around to the back side of the canvas, forming a shoulder strap. Staple the ribbon on the back and cut off the excess. Repeat for the other shoulder.
4. Tie two bows and attach with hot glue at the base of each ribbon, covering the staples on the front of the canvas.
5. Hold the canvas upside down with the back toward you. Start at the left side and staple tulle to the bottom of the canvas. The end of the tulle should be toward the back side of canvas. Leaving a 6-inch loop, staple the tulle to the bottom of the canvas. Repeat this "looping" for about 3-4 loops across the bottom.
6. Finish by stapling the tulle to the right side of the canvas the same way the left side was started. Trim excess. Poof out the tulle or cut the loops for a more traditional look.
7. Make a 4-1/4" x 6-1/4" mat for a 4" x 6" vertical photo with card stock. Use decorative paper clips on the edge for attaching the photo.
8. Attach the matted photo to the front of the canvas toward the left side with self-adhesive foam dots.
Susanne Williams handpaints the canvas for the purse with a swirling leaf pattern and scrolling lines.
Sasha Andreev shows host Joan Steffend some new ideas for old picture frames.
Viewers share how they make their own holiday decor. Follow these tips to make your own holiday decor.