Tempered Glass Frame
Tempered glass forms a unique crackle effect on this contemporary photo frame designed by Laura Kennedy Aiken.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
clear waterproof silicone adhesive
black and yellow acrylic paint
4" x 4" photo
plastic dry cleaning bag
metal frame stand
1. Place a sheet of tempered glass under a plastic dry cleaning bag. Wear safety glasses and hit the glass with a hammer several times. The glass will break into tiny little fragments that will hold together in chunks (image).
2. Cut a 9" x 9" piece of colored glass.
3. Cut two 1-1/2" x 7" strips of clear glass.
4. Cut two 1-1/2" x 4-1/2" strips of clear glass.
5. Cut a 4" x 4" square of clear glass.
6. Smooth the edges of the glass pieces with a glass grinder.
7. Glue large pieces of tempered glass to the four strips of glass using clear silicone adhesive. Let dry.
9. Adhere a photo to the back of the 4-inch glass square using clear silicone adhesive. Size the photo to fit the glass.