Stuffed Kitty Creature
Denise Cozzitorto stitches a stuffed kitty creature.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
plastic cat eyes
plastic animal nose
needle and thread
felt tip pen
1. Sketch out a kitty shape on paper.
2. Enlarge the sketch onto Bristol board to make a pattern.
3. Cut out the pattern and include a hole for the eyes and nose.
4. Trace pattern onto vintage fabric (figure A) and cut out pieces. Cut a rectangular piece for the kitty's back
5. Mark designated eyes, nose and mouth placement on fabric (figure C).
6. Hand-embroider the mouth using two large stitches.
7. Cut tiny holes in the fabric at the marks for eyes and nose. Insert the plastic eyes and nose into the holes, securing them with the backings provided (figure D).
8. Cut out a star shape in vinyl, machine-stitch it on the belly of the creature.
9. Stitch arm pieces with right sides together, leaving an opening for stuffing. Stuff arms with poly fiberfill (figure F).
10. Pin all parts together, right sides together, placing the arms inside and machine sew together leaving an opening where the legs come together.
The handmade ornament makes the perfect gift for friends who are Santa collectors, or add this crafty Santa to your own...