Sterling Silver Beetle Necklace
Learn how to create a stylish piece of jewelry with these steps.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Teri Blond from San Antonio, Texas.
Teri has had a fascination with beetles ever since she was a small child. This self-taught artist found a way to combine her metal skills with her bug fetish to create unusual and eye-catching sterling silver beetle necklaces.
Materials and Tools:
24-gauge sterling silver sheet
18-gauge sterling silver round wire
Czech glass stones
fine-tip black permanent marker
silver and gold paint pens
330 epoxy resin
basic jewelry working tools
1. Make a wire outline of the bug.
2. Cut a piece of flat silver. Solder outline and flat silver together. Trim and file.
3. Turn the bug face down into a pitch bowl and form with a dap.
4. Attach the legs, bale and antennae.
5. Pickle the piece and polish the tops of the wire.
6. Use a silver paint pen to fill between the wires.
7. Use a fine-tip black marker to make decorations on the surface.
8. Apply epoxy and glitter.