Sterling Silver Beetle Necklace
Learn how to create a stylish piece of jewelry with these steps.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Teri Blond from San Antonio, Texas.
Teri has had a fascination with beetles ever since she was a small child. This self-taught artist found a way to combine her metal skills with her bug fetish to create unusual and eye-catching sterling silver beetle necklaces.
Materials and Tools:
24-gauge sterling silver sheet
18-gauge sterling silver round wire
Czech glass stones
fine-tip black permanent marker
silver and gold paint pens
330 epoxy resin
basic jewelry working tools
1. Make a wire outline of the bug.
2. Cut a piece of flat silver. Solder outline and flat silver together. Trim and file.
3. Turn the bug face down into a pitch bowl and form with a dap.
4. Attach the legs, bale and antennae.
5. Pickle the piece and polish the tops of the wire.
6. Use a silver paint pen to fill between the wires.
7. Use a fine-tip black marker to make decorations on the surface.
8. Apply epoxy and glitter.
E. Douglas Wunder colors titanium with electricity to design his "Morning" pin.
Attach feathers and beads to bias tape to create this ornate necklace and earring set.