Stamped Domino Bracelet
There may be other game pieces that you can wear around your wrist, but in this case we are using dominos. These are the ivory-looking dominos however, not the black and white ones. You could use the others if you prefer.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
9 dominos or comparable game pieces
rubber stamps with small images
permanent black ink pad
permanent pigment ink brush markers
very fine 400- or 600-grit sandpaper
electric hand drill with 1/16" drill bit (Dremel)
drill press or vice
embossing heat gun
fine-tip black permanent marker
elastic cording: two 12" lengths
18 beads size 5/0
clear acrylic floor wax like Future
small old paintbrush
1. Lightly sand each domino on the blank side. Wipe with a damp cloth.
2. Stamp selected image on each game piece. Set ink with the heat gun.
4. Mark drilling holes on each game piece with a fine-tip permanent marker. Use a ruler to measure 1/4 inch from each end on the 3/8-inch side of the game piece. Carefully drill two holes through each domino piece where marked.
5. Color the outside edges of each game piece with the permanent pigment ink brush markers. Set the ink with the heat gun.
6. Seal each domino with the clear acrylic floor wax. Let the image side dry completely before sealing the sides. Let all pieces dry completely.