Stained Glass and Glass Nugget Frame
Keri Plezia from Wickenburg, Ariz., uses colorful glass nuggets to create a unique picture frame.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
large and small glass nuggets
lead came channel
1. Wrap the nuggets with copper foil. Apply flux. Solder around the nuggets independently.
2. Arrange in square/frame shape. Connect the nuggets with solder.
3. Cut lead came channeling to hold glass. Tack solder to frame. Trace the shape of the channeling onto glass.
4. Cut glass. Go over edges lightly with grinder.
5. Cut wire for stand. Attach stand to frame. Add the wire/nugget for stand on the back of the picture frame.
6. Cut hinge tubes to desired length. Tack/solder onto the front of the frame.
7. Make the spider with glass nuggets and wire. Make the flower by cutting petals from stained glass, soldering together and adding wire.
8. Clean and polish all pieces. Add patina. Rinse, dry and buff.
9. Slide glass into frame. Slide the spider and flower wire into the hinge tube for decoration. Add a photo.
Web site: www.art-a-facts.com
Think stained glass is only for windows? Jonas Beirs shows how the art can be applied in many ways in a home from doors to...