Silver and Copper Ring
Karen Chittick designs a ring from textured silver and copper.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
ball peen hammer
crock-pot with pickle solution
liver of sulfur patina
2. Reticulate small pieces to place in the ring by heating them with a torch.
3. Solder the seam of the metal strip to secure the ring band.
6. Cut and file a small rectangular silver metal piece and a slightly smaller copper piece.
7. Stack the copper piece on top of the silver piece and place on the ring band.
8. Flux the small metal pieces and heat the solder to attach the decorative pieces to the band.
9. Clean the ring in a pickle pot.
10. Patina the ring with the liver of sulfur solution.
Simma Chester practices many art forms, but jewelrymaking is what she enjoys most. Here she explains the steps for making this...