Sewn Dog Photo Collage
Meg Spielman Peldo demonstrates how to sew a dog photo on canvas to create her collage.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
found objects like sea glass and stones
curtain rod clips
1. Scan desired (dog) photo into the computer, enlarge or reduce depending on the desired size. Divide the photo into sections by cropping it in a photo program and print it onto canvas in two sections using an inkjet printer.
2. Using an adhesive roller, apply adhesive to the back of one section of the photo and adhere it to the other section of the photo before sewing them together. Sew the photo sections together on the sewing machine.
3. Cut a piece of canvas slightly larger than the stitched photo. Stitch the photo onto the canvas around all four sides.
4. Fray the edges of the canvas.
5. Cut a piece of sheer fabric slightly larger than the canvas fabric. Stitch the canvas onto the sheer background fabric around the edges.
6. Tear a small strip of sheer fabric and stitch it to the top of the photo using a zigzag stitch. Leave the ends open creating a pocket.
Design consultant Abraham Hopkins shows how to turn a reclaimed window frame into a family photo collage.
Photocopy a favorite photo to serve as the centerpiece of this mixed media collage project.
A photo key chain makes a great holiday gift. Follow these instructions by Donna Kato to learn how to make your own photo key...