Romantic Wrap: Star Flower Bow and Ribbon Rose
Putting together a special gift basket? Try adorning your gift with this beautiful ribbon flower bow.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Designed and demonstrated by Juanita Lewis.
Materials and Tools:
#40 satin acetate floral ribbons:
3-1/2 yards dark pink
2-1/2 yards medium pink
1-1/2 yards light pink
1 yard light pink (for ribbon rose or use silk flower pick)
1 yard 3/8"curling ribbon
1 yard pink tulle ribbon (6" wide)
glue gun, optional
1. Cut tail pieces of the three colors to 24, 20 and 16". Set aside.
2. Using the darkest pink ribbon, wrap ribbon on left and pinch the end. Form the first loop on left by bringing the same edge of ribbon along side itself for making an 8-inch loop. Pinch together. Create asymmetrical loop on right. Pinch together.
3. Continue creating to make six loops in total. Cut ribbon. Pinch tail piece into the six loops and tie with curling ribbon with a double knot. Place to the side.
4. Using the medium shade of pink, create loops in the same manner. However, these loops will be 7 inches in length and you'll only make five loops. Pinch the matching tail piece into the five loops and attach to the six loops, tying on with the same curling ribbon on the bow. Place these to the side.
5. Using the lightest shade of pink ribbon, create three loops that are 7 inches long. Pinch the matching tail piece into the loops and attach to the bow, tying on with the curling ribbon.
6. Dovetail all the ends of the ribbon tails: Fold the ribbon in half lengthwise without creasing. Cut from the two edges of ribbon to the folded edge to cut the dovetail.
7. Create a ribbon rose for the center of the bow: Start with 1 yard of satin ribbon with the wrong side facing upwards. Fold right side over and crease a 12" diagonal fold. Fold this end over to create a right angle. Roll up this edge to form the rose center and stem. Hold the stem part in the left hand with thumb and middle finger. Left index finger is extended up on a diagonal behind the stem. Fold ribbon back, up, over and around the tip of the index finger. Switch hands, holding the stem in the right hand and turn to the left a quarter turn. Switch back to holding the stem in the left hand. Repeat the fold back, hold in right hand, rotate a quarter turn to left until ribbon is all folded. Turn upside down and staple the end of the ribbon to the stem. Attach to bow with curling ribbon.
Try your hand at a hand-bound accordion book, embellished with metal and ribbon.