Retro Handbag Revamp
Monica Alfreds revamps a basic black evening bag into a lacy retro handbag.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
basic black evening bag
lightweight craft wire
1/4 yard of each of the following:
- white lace with scallop edge
- white 1/2" lace
- white eyelet lace
- white 1" plain ribbon
- white translucent ribbon
pearl brooch or retro earring (without a mate)
glue gun and hot glue sticks
string of pearls
1. Remove the handle from a black evening bag with bent-nose pliers.
2. Measure and cut various white laces 1/2 inch longer than the length of the front of the bag. Repeat for the back of the evening bag.
3. Lay out the laces in alternating layers to create a pattern with nice flow.
4. Hot-glue the laces to the front and back of the bag. Let dry.
5. Trim the excess lace at the ends and hot-glue the lace pieces at the side seams.
7. Wrap a piece of translucent white ribbon into the shape of a flower and hot-glue it on top of the first ribbon flower.
8. Hot-glue a pearl brooch or earring in the center of the flower.
Shawn Smith creates lovable plush creatures made from fleece and felt.