Reflective Images in Scrapbooking
Include reflective images in your scrapbooking projects with these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project demonstrated by Michele Gerbrandt.
"Skate" page by Megan Schoepf.
Materials and Tools:
light blue vellum
alphabet vellum stickers
12" x 12" card stock: purple, lavender, blue, white
mirror-image stickers: penguin, mountain scenes
1. Cut card stock into strips. Purple should be 2" x 5"; lavender is 1-3/4" x 4-3/4"; blue is 1-1/2" x 4-1/2".
3. To create the reflective scene, use the blue card stock strip as your base. Cut a 1-1/2" x 4" strip of blue vellum to use as an overlay to the blue strip. Attach the bottom of blue vellum to the card stock by using a snowy section of the sticker border.
4. Carefully pull back the vellum and add the mirror-image penguin sticker to the blue card stock; keep in mind that it will be the mirror image of the sticker that goes on top.
5. Lay the blue vellum back down over the card stock strip and adhere top of vellum by adding the mountain section of the border sticker. Adhere matching penguin sticker on top of vellum, aligning it to match the mirror-image sticker under the vellum to create the reflection illusion.
6. To finish the piece, cut white vellum to layer and adhere over snow stickers. Add glue and glitter to accent the edges of the snow areas. When dry, adhere reflective image onto purple/lavender border and add to page.
7. To make the sticker letter title: Cut a 3-1/4" x 7" strip of white card stock. Adhere mountain scene sticker to top of white card stock strip, allowing enough space along bottom to add alphabet sticker title. Cut out mountain and snow along the top of the strip to silhouette image.
Tim Holtz demonstrates creating a scrapbook page using altered art techniques.