Recycled Mint Tin Beauty Kit
Create a cute storage space for you lipstick out of this old mint tin.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project designed by Ellen Allan.
Materials and Tools:
empty mint tin
Art Accents pink Micro Beedz
Art Accents Shimmerz
gold paint pen
empty cereal box
2" circular mirror
Krylon Satin Touch pink spray paint
Krylon Interior Exterior white primer
fabric tracing wheel
Terrifically Tacky Tape
1. Wash and dry mint tin and spray (outdoors) with white primer.
2. When primer is dry, spray with pink paint. Spray some of the spray paint into the cap or a paper cup and use a craft paintbrush to paint the insides of the lid and bottom. Don't worry about getting paint on the inside bottom of the tin.
3. When dry, use a gold paint pen to paint gold highlights on top and bottom of tin.
4. Apply pink Art Accents Micro Beedz to the top with Art Accents Shimmerz all-purpose iridescent glue.
5. Cut a 3-1/4" x 3-5/8" piece of cardboard from a cereal box. Round the corners using a nickel as the corner template. Draw a line across the center of the long width. Draw two more lines that are on both sides of the centerline, 1/2 inch away from the centerline.
6. Score the three lines with the fabric tracing wheel. Fold the cardboard on the scored lines so that you have a "mountain" in the middle of the piece.
7. Cut a pink felt rectangle the same size as the cardboard piece using the cardboard piece as the template. Attach the felt to the cardboard with the Tacky tape.
8. Completely secure the bottom piece with the "mountain" into the bottom of the tin, felt side out, again with the Tacky tape.
9. Cut another piece of felt that is 2-1/4" x 3-5/8". Lay a quarter in the center of the rectangle and trace around it with a pencil. Cut out the circle with scissors.
10. Tape the mirror to the center of the inside of the mint tin lid.
11. Tape the pink felt rectangle with cut-out over the mirror to line the lid.