Quirky Sitting Ladies
Make some handcrafted sitting ladies to add a unique touch of decor to the home.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Joey Heiberg.
Materials and Tools:
white outdoor spray paint
20" flashing (from hardware store)
ultrafine-point permanent marker
face, body and handbag templates*
thick acrylic paints: black, plus other colors
fine to medium acrylic paint brushes
embellishments: feather boa, scrap fabric, sequins, glitter, flowers, ribbon, etc.
*This can be drawn by hand or traced from copyright-free clip art.
1. Clean flashing of any grease using rubbing alcohol and a paper towel. Cut out templates. Place the templates on the flashing and trace them dark enough to see the outline.
2. Cut them out and sand any rough edges. Spray metal with an outdoor white paint on both sides. Draw or trace the face using an ultrafine-point permanent marker.
3. Paint the clothes in your choice of colors. For interest, you can paint the shirt and then imprint a rubber stamp in it to create a pattern. Or, wave your brush over wet paint to give the paint texture.
4. Choose a contrasting color to paint the shoes and gloves. Paint the stripes on her stockings.
5. While that's drying, write a saying on the handbag using your permanent marker. Use complimentary colors for the handle and anywhere else on the handbag.
6. Cut out fabric to make the skirt. Glue onto the body using Tacky glue. Make dots on the shoes and gloves using the wooden skewer.
7. Add embellishments like earrings, a boa around her neck, a pearl necklace, lace trim, bows, etc.
8. Lay the face downward (head will be at the top) on a table. Let her gloves hang over the table and bend them down along with the body and legs to make a 90-degree angle.
9. Flip her over (head still at the top) and bend her downward (90 degrees) 1-1/2-inch up from her first bend.
Create personalized name art to hang in your room.
These socks can be filled with gifts kids can look forward to each day, such as small toys, candy, sweet notes or coins. It...