Michele David shows how to create a quilted mask.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Instructions provided courtesy of quilt maker Michele David.
5. Smooth template over a fat quarter of fabric. Pin template to fabric.
6. Trace template using permanent pen.
7. Cut out face, leaving roughly 1/2-inch seam allowance. You will use the permanent marker line as sewing line.
8. To add "bangs" at hairline, draw a line with grease pencil or other marker to be used as a sewing line and align fringe or beads on it.
10. Pin bangs out of the way for stitching.
11. Place headband over bangs. Using the zipper foot again, appliqué the headband in place.
Leave a small opening so you can turn the quilt. Trim before you sew.
13. Sew and turn right side out. Straighten corners with a knitting needle.
Do you often find yourself at a loss when it comes time to do the quilting on your quilts? Jean Wells shows several popular...