This paper purse card includes a silver paper compact for messages.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Carole Jolene Himmel from Sunrise, Fla.
Materials and Tools:
12" x 12" patterned scrapbook paper
2-3 sheets of matching 12" x 12" solid cardstock
My Accents accessories – brads
foam pop-up squares
2. Cut the decorative pieces:
- 4-inch strip of patterned scrapbook paper
- 2-inch strip of solid cardstock
- 1-inch strip of solid cardstock
- 1/2-inch strip of cardstock for the handle
3. Fold a 4" x 8" piece of solid cardstock in half to make a 4" x 4" square. With the circle cutter:
- Cut a 3-1/2-inch diameter circle about 1/2 inch over the fold line to make a compact.
- Cut a 3-1/2-inch diameter circle from the silver paper and coordinating cardstock.
- Cut two 1-inch circles to decorate the purse and compact.
4. Cut 4-, 2-, and 1-inch strips to fit the front and back of the purse.
5. Dry emboss the compact, two 1-inch strips cut to size, and a couple of extra flowers (made from scraps). To dry emboss, place selected brass stencil on the light box and position cardstock upside down over the brass stencil. Run the ball of the stylus tool in the grooves of the brass stencil to create a raised image on the opposite side of the cardstock. Move the cardstock around to get the desired design. Emboss the entire compact, the 2-inch strips and two scraps for the flowers. Tip: Rub wax paper over the cardstock before dry embossing it. This will make embossing the image easier
6. To assemble the purse: Fold the 1/2-inch strip to form the handle. Place on the back inside cover of the purse. Attach the handle to the purse with brads. Cover the raw edges with a folded 2-3/4 inch circle. Tape half of the circle to the back inside cover. Open the circle and close and tape the purse shut, so that the only opening will be the top of the purse where the half circle is sticking out.
7. Tape the 3-inch strip to the front and back of the purse.
8. Tape the 2-inch strip to the front and back of the purse.
9. Tape the 1-inch strip to the front and back of the purse
10. Cut out two flowers that were made with the cardstock scraps. Tape each one onto a 1-inch diameter circle. Place a brad though the center of each one. Put a pop up square on the back on each one. Tape one centered onto the compact and the other centered onto the half circle sticking out of the top of the purse.
11. Place a small square (about 1/2 inch) of Velcro on the inside cover of the half circle sticking out of the top of the purse. Put a matching piece to meet the first one when it closes. Glue the silver circle to the inside of the compact. Write a message on the inside of the compact and insert the compact into the purse. Place in an envelope and mail.