Pop-Up Gift Tags
Make your gift packages more personalized with pop-up gift tags.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project inspired by Bev George; demonstrated by Dee Gruenig.
Materials and Tools:
Posh Impressions stamps
colored card stock
3 pieces recycled paper
opaque sticker paper
Brush Art Markers and/or embossing powder, ink and heat tool
Ellison die-cut machine with tag die
paper cutter or scissors
1. Cut out tag cover with die-cut machine and tag die. Place the paper with the folded edge just inside one of the cutting edges of the die. 2. Place the die and paper onto the cutting pad and cut. You will be left with a die-cut that opens.
3. Cut out three 2-1/2-inch squares from the recycled paper.
4. Fold and crease squares across center horizontally and vertically.
5. Turn the square back over so that the diagonal fold line is running horizontally. Bring bottom corner of square up to top pushing in sides with fingers and fold into a square. Repeat with remaining two squares. If using printed paper, fold one with print side out and two with print side in.
6. Fold the tips top and bottom tips of each section back to meet the center of each section. The top and bottom edges of your piece will now be straight across.
7. Assemble the folded squares by interlocking top and bottom squares (alternate direction of darts); then glue together. If using patterned paper, pattern is visible on one side, solid white on the reverse side.
8. Using desired colors of markers (or embossing ink and powder), color stamps and decorate outside of tag as desired.
9. Stamp images on opaque sticker paper squares cut to fit inside each of the four squares on the inside of the pop up tag (approx. 1-1/8-inch square). Remove backing and stick in place (or cut photos to fit inside each of the four squares, apply adhesive and stick in place).
Viewers share their ideas on holiday items. Follow these tips to make your own pens and lightbulb snowmen.