Polymer Clay Tooth Fairy Container
Learn how Becky Meverden makes this adorable polymer clay tooth fairy container.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
3 oz. bricks of Kato Polyclay:
12308 green (2 bricks)
Kato clear medium
flat round blue glass *
24-gauge white Fun Wire
clay-dedicated pasta machine or acrylic roller
two 2mm smoke black micro marbles
5/16" Kemper circle cutter, optional
* found in the florist department of craft stores
Condition all clay according to manufacturer's instructions. To make chartreuse clay, mix a 1-inch ball of green with a 1-1/4-inch ball of yellow.
1. To make the mushroom stem: Flatten a sheet of chartreuse through the pasta machine on a #1 (1/8 inch) setting. Use the Nublade to cut a 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" rectangle.
2. Press ends of the rectangle together to make a cylinder, erasing the seam with your fingers. Place on top of the blue glass.
3. For the mushroom top: Flatten a 1-1/8-inch ball of green into a 2-1/4-inch circle, tapering the thickness from the center on out. Curl the edges slightly and place on top of the stem.
4. For the flowers: Roll 15 small (approximately 5/32-inch) balls of white clay into teardrops. Use the toothpick to indent each petal. Press five petals together at the narrow ends to make the flower.
5. Roll three 1/8-inch balls of yellow and press into the center of each flower. Position flowers on the blue glass.
6. To make the fairy body: Roll a 5/8-inch ball of magenta into a 1-inch-long tapered log.
7. For the legs: Roll two 7/16-inch balls of magenta into 1-inch-long tapered logs. Shape the widest ends into pointed feet. Press onto both sides to the body.
8. For the arms: Roll two 3/8-inch balls of magenta into 3/4-inch-long logs. Press arms to both sides of the body and position.
9. For the hands: Flatten two 3/16-inch balls of beige into teardrops. Press onto the end of each arm.
10. For the head: Roll a 17/32-inch ball of beige. Press two black micro marbles into head for eyes. Use a toothpick to draw two squint lines by each eye. Roll a 1/16-inch ball of beige and press onto the head for a nose. Press a circle cutter halfway into the head to make the mouth, or use a toothpick to draw the mouth. Blush the cheeks using a cotton swab.
11. For the hat, roll a 17/32-inch ball of magenta into a teardrop. Use the blunt end of a paintbrush to hollow out the hat, and press the hat onto the top of the head.
12. For the ears: Flatten two 3/16-inch balls of beige into teardrops. Press onto both sides of the head. Use the blunt end of a paintbrush to indent each ear.
13. Press the head onto the top of the body. Place fairy on top of the mushroom.
14. For the wings, cut two 2-3/4-inch lengths of white wire. Shape into wings and twist ends together. Lay flat on parchment paper. Fill wings with Kato clear medium; then sprinkle glitter all over wings.