Pine Cone Holiday Card
Find natural inspiration to create a delightful handmade card this season with organic elements that you can find outside your front door.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Glitter and sparkles are always fun, but this year find inspiration in the outdoorsy charm of natural elements. The materials are just outside your door — pine cones, twigs and rosemary — just to name a few possibilities. Consider spelling cheerful words, creating festive shapes or simply attaching a single sprig of holly to each card. The warmth of these handmade cards will be sure to bring a smile to family and friends.
Materials and Tools:
two small pine cones
small garden snips
8-1/2" x 11" crimson red card stock
8-1/2" x 11" moss green card stock
8-1/2" x 11" tan card stock
1. Fold the red card stock in half.
2. Sketch a 5-1/2" x 3-1/2" oval onto one half of the red card stock. Cut out with the craft knife, this will be the front of your card.
3. Trim green cardstock to 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" with a paper cutter. Place behind card's front and trace the existing oval shape, next sketch an oval inside this one which is 1/16" smaller.
4. Cut out the smaller oval and glue green card stock inside the card's front to create a green border within the red oval.
5. Trim tan card stock to 8-1/2" x 4-1/4," center and glue to the inside of the card. Next, trim two green 8-1/2" x 5/16" strips, glue these to the card's inside, overlapping the tan card stock.