Pine Cone Holiday Card
Find natural inspiration to create a delightful handmade card this season with organic elements that you can find outside your front door.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Glitter and sparkles are always fun, but this year find inspiration in the outdoorsy charm of natural elements. The materials are just outside your door — pine cones, twigs and rosemary — just to name a few possibilities. Consider spelling cheerful words, creating festive shapes or simply attaching a single sprig of holly to each card. The warmth of these handmade cards will be sure to bring a smile to family and friends.
Materials and Tools:
two small pine cones
small garden snips
8-1/2" x 11" crimson red card stock
8-1/2" x 11" moss green card stock
8-1/2" x 11" tan card stock
1. Fold the red card stock in half.
2. Sketch a 5-1/2" x 3-1/2" oval onto one half of the red card stock. Cut out with the craft knife, this will be the front of your card.
3. Trim green cardstock to 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" with a paper cutter. Place behind card's front and trace the existing oval shape, next sketch an oval inside this one which is 1/16" smaller.
4. Cut out the smaller oval and glue green card stock inside the card's front to create a green border within the red oval.
5. Trim tan card stock to 8-1/2" x 4-1/4," center and glue to the inside of the card. Next, trim two green 8-1/2" x 5/16" strips, glue these to the card's inside, overlapping the tan card stock.
Forget storebought holiday greetings. Show friends and family that you really care with a handmade card featuring a favorite...
Let kids show their holiday spirt by embellishing our free printable Santa card design with craft supplies your probably...
Skip the store and show your valentine just how much you care with a one-of-a-kind, handmade card. We have 10 adorable ideas to...(10 photos)