New Matting Tips and Techniques
Here are some new ways to enhance your scrapbook pages.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Matting can be used to encourage interaction between the reader and your page. Look for new ways to make your matting interactive:
- Examine children's "pop-up" books for ideas to make mats more interactive.
- Use the Circle Scissor to cut 4 circles the same size.
- Measure the diameter of the circle.
- Cut a square with all four sides matching the diameter of the circle.
A Secret Spot (Matchbook-style embellishement)
- Crop and mat a photograph, journal piece, or memorabilia.
- Cut a rectangle 1/4" wider and twice the length and 1/2" longer than the item to be hidden.
A Little Something
- Crop and mat a photograph, journaling piece, or memorabilia.
- Add a triple mat, but extend one side of the mat.
- Add extra embellishment or journaling to the extended space.
Paul James offers advice on how you can make the most of your gardening dollar.
The biggest investment many of us will make is buying a house, and mistakes can be costly. To help weed through the home-buying...(10 photos)
Small-tree expert Fred Hoffman shows you how to site trees that suit smaller spaces.