Make a Mother Forever Card
Declare unending love for your mom with this charming handmade card.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
light green card stock
cream card stock
pink floral-print paper
green floral-print paper
glue dots, white glue or glue stick
cream velvet rickrack trim
rub-on sentiment or one printed from computer
butterfly die-cut or draw then cut out your own
small silk blossoms
ivory acrylic paint and foam brush
1. Cut green card stock to 7-1/2" x 5" and fold in half. Round right corners with scissors or a corner-rounding punch. Lightly brush the front of the card with ivory acrylic paint to create a subtly weathered look.
2. Cut pink floral paper slightly smaller than the card front and round right corners. Ink paper edges and glue to center of card lining up the paper's left edge with card's fold.
3. Cut a 1-inch strip of green floral paper, edge with acrylic paint and adhere to bottom of pink floral paper. Use sewing machine to straight-stitch down card's left edge twice.
4. Attach velvet rick-rack trim to the bottom of card, just under green floral paper. Apply rub-on sentiment (or use computer to print font) onto cream card stock, cut out and glue message just below center of card. Poke a small hole in the card's fold and wrap hemp twine around the front of card, feeding the twine through the hole in fold. Thread twine through button and tie in a knot.
5. Using a die-cut machine, cut two butterflies from coordinating paper. Stack butterflies on top of each other and attach to the center of card just above message. Bend wings up slightly to make the top butterfly stand out. Glue two small flowers to the center of top butterfly to symbolize mother and child.
Make a tropical-themed greeting card with a 3D surprise hidden inside.