More Altered Book Techniques
Learn these altered book techniques by Beth Cote.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
6 size #1 coin envelopes
black permanent dye-based ink
tags and ephemera to fill pockets
Rousillian Color Box Cat Eye pigment ink
Color Box Cat Eye chalk inks: warm green, amber clay, chestnut roan
heavy-duty double-sided tape (Thermoweb Super Tape)
Stamp Out Cute, Inkadinkado or other map stamp
Making Memories Defined label: Journey Edition
Caspari Planisphere napkin
Design Originals Legacy Collage dictionary paper patterned tissue
2. Stamp over tags with map or other background stamp. Color the edges with your color box cat eye in Rousillian.
3. Place a 1-inch line of double-sided tape in the middle of your envelope. Peel the release paper off and stack the next envelope on top of the first one with the open ends facing the same way. Continue to do this with all six envelopes.
4. To make the mini cover: Glue together two sets of two pages in your altered book for strength. Think of them like book covers. We will be gluing the accordion in the middle of the sets. Measure the width of the coin envelopes and add 1/2 inch. Cut both sets of pages to fit the width of the envelopes plus 1/2 inch. Cut away the excess pages.
5. Place double-sided tape along the length of the envelope. Adhere the envelopes to the mini covers in the book. Place the envelopes at least a quarter away from the spine. The open end of the envelopes should be pointing toward the edge of the book page.
6. Collage napkin, tissue and dictionary page on mini covers and book pages behind mini covers. When gluing tissues and napkins, apply the glue to the page instead of the napkin itself. Apply cat eye inks to collaged pages for added color, starting with the lightest color and moving to the darkest.
7. Punch holes around mini covers and add fibers for affect. Cut out woman image from Artchix Studio Mini Mix Collage Sheet and trim to fit in Making Memories oval label holder. Glue the picture and label holder to mini cover.
8. Fill envelopes with ephemera and tags.
Audience members share their creative holiday ideas. Make a snowman out of dryer-vents, and turn all your holiday cards into a...