Mixed Media Geisha Glass Wall Hanging
Connie Deady of Santa Monica, Calif., does more magic with glass.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
large sheets of glass
powdered glass (frit)
hooks for hanging
1. Cut glass from larger piece to desired size.
2. Draw design on with marker. Reverse glass and trace over design. Turn glass over and wipe off first design.
3. With a tiny sifter and other tools, sprinkle the powdered glass (frit) into design areas like doing a paint-by-numbers painting.
4. Make a frame by cutting out red strips of glass from large sheet. Frame the edges of the large piece with the red strips.
5. Fuse in kiln at 1500 F degrees. This larger piece requires 24 hours for firing and cooling.
6. Glue gold leafing to back of glass and glue wooden backing. Place hooks on for hanging.