Mini Gourd Fairy
Stephanie Inman glues a small gourd to a banana gourd to create her mini fairy doll.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
glue gun and hot glue sticks
large and medium silk flowers
sea urchin shell
2 small shells
brown-and-white polka dot grosgrain ribbon
1. Drill a hole into the smaller gourd for the head and fit it into a larger banana gourd for the body. Hot-glue the two gourds together to create the mini fairy.
2. For arms, drill holes through the banana gourd. Cut a piece of heavy wire and thread it through the holes.
4. Using an awl, punch two holes in the center of a large silk flower and insert a wire for the legs, similar to the arms.
5. Bend the ends of the wire into swirls for the feet.
6. Glue the flower to the gourd body with industrial adhesive and let it dry overnight. Use painter's tape to secure the silk flower while drying.
8. Hot-glue an urchin shell on top of the moss for a hat and then hot-glue a small flower on top of the shell.
9. Hot-glue two small shells on the chest to resemble a bikini top.
10. Embellish the mini fairy’s body:
- Attach a ribbon belt with hot glue
- Attach washer buckles with hot glue
- Hot-glue a plaid ribbon scarf tied around the neck
- Hot-glue feathers to the back of the doll for wings
- Twist an eye hook into the back of the body
11. Balancing the mini gourd fairy, thread the eye hook with string and hang the fairy from the eye hook so she flies! Hang a paper star from her arms with fishing line so she’s "reaching for the stars."
Web site: www.stephanieinman.com
Learn how to make this decorative gourd by using paint, feathers and beads to embellish it.