Milagro Wall Hanging
Christine French from Cleveland, Ohio, shows how to make one of her specialties, a "milagro" pine cone wall hanging.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
heavy drop cloth plastic
- Make the pulp by combining newspaper and water in a blender.
- Dye the pulp with pigment and retention aid.
- Strain the water, and add glue to the pulp.
- Form the pulp into the shape of a heart shape on heavy plastic. Dry it with a fan.
- Build up the sides of the heart with the pulp. Let dry.
- Paint the inside of the heart with metal paint and patina. Again, use a fan to dry.
- Fix the inside with clear spray.
- Cover the surface of the heart with the pulp.
- Pull off the thistles of each pine cone is piece by piece.
- Cover the entire surface of the heart with thistles until complete.
- Dry the milagro with a fan.
- Paint the surface with clear spray.
- Make a hole in the back, and use a screwdriver to hang on the wall.
Randi Lile sculpts this whimsical ceramic fish wall hanging.