Lucky Stone Necklace
Judith Prise designs a one-of-a-kind lucky stone necklace.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
20-gauge stainless steel sheet
sterling silver tubing
small nuts and bolts
sterling silver clasp
ball peen hammer
1. Cut two pieces from the stainless steel sheet, one measuring 1-1/2 inches and one measuring 1-1/4 inches (figure A).
2. File and sand the edges.
5. Drill a hole in the larger piece to correspond to the bolt (figure D).
6. Cut two 1/4-inch sections from the silver tubing and sand smooth.
7. Solder one section of silver tubing to one side of the larger stainless piece near the top edge (figure E).
8. Pickle and polish both pieces.
9. Apply heat to the textured piece using a propane torch to add color distinction (figure F).
10. Select a stone or other element to sandwich between the two layers of metal.
11. Slip a second piece of tubing over the bolt to act as a spacer.
12. Slide the stone over the spacer.
13. Insert the bolt through pre-drilled hole in the back piece sandwiching the stone and attach using a bolt (figure G).
14. Slide the leather cord through the tube on the back.
15. Attach a silver clasp crimping tightly using pliers and it's ready to wear!