Love Monster Soft Sculpture Doll
Brent Johnson started making a soft doll called the "Love Monster" after doodling the figure. He liked the look of the figure so much he decided to make him into a three-dimensional doll.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Thanks to Brent Johnson, Portland, Oregon.
Materials and Tools:
image on a transparency
1. Make a 18" x 12" screen. Spread emulsion on screen thinly. Note: This has to be done in dim light. Let dry in the dark.
2. Expose image to screen. In a dim area, place image on screen and center light source over screen. Expose for about an hour and 15 minutes.
5. Add hand-sewn details: Sew on eyelashes (figure D), button nose, felt details such as a heart or flower. Make a mask too.
6. Cut out arms away from image and sandwich them with back fabric (figure E), preferably patterned, and sew up. Turn right side out and stuff.
7. Sandwich remaining body image with fabric and pin arms to them. Sew up with sewing machine. Turn right side out and stuff. Hand-sew button up.
8. Add tag that says "Love" and who it is to.