Lace-Up Metal Mesh Candle Holders
Brighten up any area in your room with these decorative lace-up candle holders by Jana Ewy.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
AMACO Wire Mesh: copper
3", 5", 7" clear plastic tubes *
24-gauge brass wire
2mm black nylon cord
antique copper eyelets
AMACO ArtEmboss embossing metal: bright gold, copper light
McGill punches: 1/8" circle, 1-1/2" circle, dragonfly
STAMPENDOUS brass embossing powder
STAMPENDOUS clear deep impression embossing powder
STAMPENDOUS clear embossing ink
round- nose pliers
* You can cut and use the clear tubes that the embossed metal is packaged in.
1. Cut copper wire mesh to 3" x 6-1/2", 5" x 6-1/2" and 7" x 6-1/2".
2. Heat mesh to create dots.
3. Score 1/2 inch in on each side and fold flat.
4. Measure and mark hole placement, 3/4 inch apart along folds.
5. Punch holes with 1/8-inch punch and attach eyelets (figure D).
6. Wrap mesh around tube, securing with strips of double-sided tape.
7. Cut a length of black cord. Wrap ends of cord with tape to prevent fraying. Lace cord through eyelets, starting at bottom and securing with a knot at top. Knot and trim the ends.
8. Apply clear ink to copper and gold metal sheets.
9. Sprinkle copper sheet with brass embossing powder and heat. Sprinkle gold sheet with deep impression embossing powder and heat.
10. Punch 1-1/2-inch circles from the copper metal sheet, and punch dragonflies from the gold metal sheet.
11. Punch a 1/8-inch hole at top of circle and attach eyelet.
Construct an extreme soccer page with metal mesh and artist cement.