Keepsake Pear Box
Joanne Kluba returns to make a keepsake hinged box decorated with handpainted pears.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
decorative paper or book cloth
brush for applying glue
2. Cut boards for bottom, sides and lid of the box (figure B).
3. Glue the box together.
4. Cut book cloth to cover the box. One piece for the sides, inside and out, two for hinges inside and out, one for the top of the lid, back of the box and bottom, one for the inside bottom of the box.
6. Glue book cloth to front and sides of box (figure D) (Hold off gluing down inside front of box). Glue top back and bottom of box. Glue inside lid.
7. Sew a button to the front of the box (figure E), then glue the inside front of fabric.
8. Then glue the inside bottom to the box.
Kymberlee Maxine O'Brien demonstrates how to make this earthy ceramic keepsake box.