How to Make an Embellished Ribbon Denim Jacket
Designer Mary O'Neil demonstrates how to embellish jackets, jeans and scarves with embossable velvet ribbon.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Velvet Trimmed Jeans
Add decorative trim or beads for an even more festive finish.
2" and 3" wide Embossable Velvet Ribbon to go around both jean legs
Small Dots #J420 and Bamboo Stars #K427 Hot Potatoes rubber stamps
1. Emboss all the lengths of ribbon and remove wire.
2. Cut each ribbon about 2 inches longer than the measurement around the bottom of each pant leg.
3. Sew the 2-inch and the 3-inch ribbon together to make one piece (about 5 inches wide) to add on to each pant leg.
4. Measure the exact length of each pant leg where the ribbon will be sewn on. Measure that exact length on each piece of ribbon and sew right sides together, making a tube.
5. Pin the tube to the pant legs and sew on.
Hang this ornament on a holiday tree, from a cabinet knob, a lampshade key and more. Follow these instructions by Helen Gibb to...