Horseshoe Crab Sculpture
Doyle Carver welds a friendly horseshoe crab sculpture.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
several sets of pliers
spray paint in various colors
1. Pick out two matching horseshoes for your crab sculpture.
2. Tumble horseshoes in a cement mixer to clean them (figure A).
3. Remove horseshoes from cement mixer and wash off.
4. Weld two nuts to the bottom horseshoe to form the eyes (figure B).
5. Snip 1/8-inch wire to desired leg length using air-powered snips.
8. Weld the upper horseshoe to the lower horseshoe (figure D).
9. Run 1/4-inch steel rod through a ring roller.
10. Cut the rod into crab claw shapes using air snips.
11. Weld the claws on the horseshoe depicting a typical friendly crab (figure E).
12. Clean up any sharp edges and level the crab with the torch.