Hip Greeting Card
Karen Carter uses her hip creative skills to make personalized "thank you" cards for her friends.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Karen Carter from Anaheim Hills, Calif.
2" letter "E" stencil
metallic gold acrylic paint
off-white acrylic paint
brown, off-white card stock
Glue Dots (or other adhesive)
two 3" lengths of coordinating ribbon
7 Gypsies spiral paperclip
labeler with black label tape
18KT gold leafing pen
1. Pop out inner parts of letter "E" stencil and discard. Apply metallic gold acrylic paint to stencil. Let dry completely.
2. Apply one coat of crackle medium to stencil. Brush on quickly from top to bottom and then again from side to side. Do not worry about missing spots. Allow to air dry until tacky.
3. Apply one coat of off-white acrylic paint. Set aside and allow to dry completely.
4. Cut off-white card stock to 8" x 5-1/4". Fold card stock in half to measure 4" x 5-1/4".
5. Cut a 1" x 4" strip of brown card stock. Apply adhesive to brown strip and attach to the lower portion of card face. Cut textured paper to 3-1/2" x 4-3/4". Apply adhesive to patterned paper and attach to center of card face. Tie ribbons to spiral paperclip and attach to upper left corner of stencil.
6. Apply Glue Dots to back of stencil and attach to card face at an angle. Cut out rub-on letters "ENJOY" and rub on lower right of stencil. Slowly run a gold leafing pen along the outside edges of card face. .
Inexpensive to create, these organic holiday cards will delight friends and family.